Saturday, January 2, 2010

To squat or not to squat.

That honestly is the question that I was faced with on my voyage back to the pits of hell known as LA. First of all I will preface this with the fact that there are only three horrible areas that make you want to shoot yourself while driving. In my 24 years of life these terrible areas are: 1. the stretch on the I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix, 2. Driving anywhere through Texas and lastly, 3. The stretch of I-10 between AZ and CA. Ironically all these driving situations revolve around interstate 10...so basically that road can suck my balls.

So while driving back to California through a really shitty ass town known as Salome, AZ not to be confused with Salami, I had to pee. After I was able to convince my mother to pull over so I could take care of business I realized that we were at a random little market in this extremely small town. The market was honestly one of the most random places I've been to in the past few months, but rather amazing at the same time minus one thing...the bathroom.

For some odd reason the people that ran this fine establishment decided that it was in their best interest to not have a toilet seat on their toilet which raises quite the predicament for us lady folk. I was left with one thing I could do to resolve this issue which was to squat. This caused quite the dilemma for the fact that I was holding a lot of urine in my bladder. Squatting for that long honestly made my thighs burn more than any work out I can imagine. However, maybe that's because I don't work out and I don't know any better. To make myself feel better, I'm just going to assume that I burned a shit ton of calories from this bathroom session.

After leaving the bathroom, I was able to warn my mother about the situation with the lack of a seat but unfortunately did not have the opportunity to warn my younger sister. While we packed the car back up with our new goodies from the market and our empty bladders I discovered a shocking fact: my sister does not know how to squat and pee. SERIOUSLY, who doesn't know how to do this?! So instead of burning the calories and saving herself from the dangerous bacteria and grime that surrounded us to our dismay she sat. I don't know the logistics of this situation, nor do I want to. All I know is I know how to squat and it helps me burn calories. That is all.

1 comment:

a handful of haley said...

That is confidential info brynn!!! :S