Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Roman Holiday

When you least expect it, sometimes life can pleasantly surprise you...

While meeting up with a girlfriend of mine the other day at our favorite local pub, what I thought would be just an average night turned into something far from the ordinary. To make a long story short, we were approached by a very attractive and charming Brit and after conversing for a bit during the end of happy hour, my friend went back to her fiancée and I was off on an adventure.

Of course the insecure part of me figured this gent was either into my friend or was just looking to not be alone on his last night on his American holiday, but soon enough I realized I was dealing with something from the complete unknown. Have you ever just met someone and within the first encounters of this person felt completely like yourself and at ease? People like this are diamond in the rough and something you should truly cherish. So my Brit and I went out on a night of adventure, talked about everything and anything from the quirky to the taboo topics. I've never had this much fun with a person, let alone a complete stranger.

I felt like I was living in a combination between 500 days of Summer and Roman Holiday and Bridget Jones....and yet like those movies, got a very romantic, yet sad ending. Our perfect evening ending with a kiss and a goodbye, but nothing else. I can't help but think that this is tragic, but I also don't know if that was the romantic jolt I needed. It's not like this amazingly perfect guy from London and I could have made it work or even have had anything happen, but now I can't help but wallow in the "what could have beens?"

Dear Universe,

What am I supposed to make of this situation? I've found my Mark Darcy and now he's gone and I just want him back. Please let know what I should take from this situation as my learning experience or at least let the universe work in its mysterious ways to bring us back together.

Sincerely yours,

BND

No comments: